This site is run by Edwin Steele.
You can reach me at email@example.com.
Behind the keyboard
I live in Sydney, Australia, and am happily married with two children. I’m a follower of Jesus and am a part of ImagineNations Church in western Sydney. My day job is in IT Operations but I also love writing software in Python in my spare time.
On the desktop
- I do all my real work on a 13” Retina MacBook Pro, and when I’m home it’s hooked up to a Dell UP2414Q 4K monitor and an Apple 23” display.
- My current photos are taken with convenient devices, generally my iPad Air or on my wife’s iPhone 4S. My older photos were taken on a more traditional format camera, a 3.2mp Canon Ixus IIs, 10mp Panasonic DMC-TZ15 or film Nikon FM2
- I write text in Vim, write code in PyCharm and process photos in Aperture
- I store my source code on Github
On the server
- This site is built using Nikola and is hosted on Rackspace
- Photos are hosted on Flickr and videos on Vimeo
- Source for this site is in my Github repository
The icons on this site are used under licence, and were obtained via the fantastic Fontello: - camera and git icons from Elusive-Iconfont by Aristeides :q. Used under SIL OFL 1.1 licence - document, info, mail and RSS icons from Font Awesome by Dave Gandy. Used under SIL OFL 1.1 licence